Sunday, July 6, 2014

My First Impression on US and her people

    The Korean Airline safely landing in the airport of JFK of New York,I put my heart at ease and thought loudly to myself:Thank God, we finally landed on the great nation we had prepared to go since this March.The hard time we underwent was not intended to mention here since I was curious to see with my own eyes what a country it would be like and what her people would look like.
    As soon as I stepped out of the exit of the airport, I was excited to meet my son and two American friends: Linda and her brother, Arthur,the husband of my best friend of childhood,Lily Chen. She brought their son back to China,and will return to US on July,5th.She asked her sister-in-law,Linda to take care of everything. So the initial wonderful impression of American people started with the siblings. Arthur and Lily both work at Lifetime Brands, an import and export company of porcelains.They are busy so Linda,a freelancer,would do all sorts of things for the family and even brought up her niece and nephew ,like a real mother.As soon as we entered into their house on Long Island, she took great care of us, even in trifles.I like her very much and greatly appreciate her positive attitude towards life and her great enthusiasm about helping the family members,friends,even strangers on the road.Then I came to the conclusion that most American people are friendly, helpful,polite as we traveled to New York city and Washington DC,and here we are in New Haven,on the Yale campus.As for the impression of the nation,I still want to observe more.So I will continue my blog as I will stay in Yale University for the next six weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment